Tracer Gas Leak Detector for Swimming Pool Piping & Decking
Technical & Purchase Information
How to Use the Hydro-Lok
- Obtain the 5%H2/95%N2 tracer gas. Suggested supplier would be the local welding gas supplier. Ask for industrial grade, no certificate needed. Gas purity is not important so check to make sure it is not research grade that costs more. Typical cost for a typical cylinder is under $75.
- Remove water if possible to simplify the path for tracer gas to leak out of the leak location.
- Pressurize the piping with the 5/95 tracer gas to a safe pressure based on pipe type and manufacturers recommendations.
- Wait a period of time for the leak to ground level. If you are directly checking the piping for leaks, no waiting period is needed. Period of time to wait depends on the depth of the pipe and ground type and pipe depth. The hydrogen will move through asphalt and concrete though through concrete may take additional time. Pipe at 2-3 ft usually takes maybe 20-30 minutes for the hydrogen gas to reach the surface.
- For concrete or other pool decking, we recommend small (like 1/8") holes be drilled through the decking material to confirm leak location by testing the holes to get a leak signal. This eliminates/reduces the chance of digging in the wrong location or minimizes the amount of costly decking removed.
- If directly checking a pipe, move the leak detector probe tip 360 degrees around each joint at about 2" per second.
- If checking above ground or above the pool deck, slowly walk the length of the pipe, keeping the black wind funnel close to the ground and the hydrogen leak detector sensor about 2" above the bottom of the funnel. When the detection sound is heard, mark the leak location at the highest frequency or highest leak rate level.
- Leak location should be within a 3 ft circle at the point of highest leak level indicated.
Introduction: The Hydro-Lok provides swimming pool leak detection companies fast and precise methods for finding leak locations in swimming pool piping and under pool decking. The Hydro-Lok uses the proven TLD.500 Hydrogen Leak Detector to produce the precise leak location. The TLD.500 can be detached to find leaks in pool piping. Using the Hydro-Lok Ground Probe, leak locations can be located in piping under ground, asphalt pavement and concrete pool decking.
- Hydrogen-Based Detection: The Hydro-Lok employs hydrogen as a highly effective tracer gas to ensure pinpoint accuracy in leak detection. Hydrogen is non-flammable, non-toxic, high energy molecule and leaves no residue, ensuring pool water quality remains uncompromised.
- Unparalleled Sensitivity: Equipped with state-of-the-art semiconductor based sensors, the Hydro-Lok can detect even the tiniest hydrogen gas leaks, facilitating early detection and immediate action.
- Real-time Feedback: Real-time monitoring provides instant feedback, reducing detection and repair time, and minimizing disruptions to your pool maintenance operations.
- Portability and Ease of Use: With a compact and lightweight design, along with an ergonomic grip, the AquaScan Pro is effortlessly transported and comfortable to use in various pool settings.
- Battery-Powered Convenience: The rechargeable battery ensures extended usage without frequent recharging, making it ideal for on-site inspections.
- Safety Assurance: Proactively detect and address leaks, reducing the risk of costly structural damage and ensuring a safe pool environment for your clients.
- Cost-Efficiency: Early leak detection translates to substantial cost savings, preventing long-term damage and operational disruptions.
- Environmentally Friendly: Hydrogen gas is a clean and safe tracer, leaving no impact on pool water or the surrounding environment.
- User-Friendly: Your pool maintenance team can confidently use the Hydro-Lok for thorough pool inspections with minimal training.
- Customer Satisfaction: Deliver exceptional pool maintenance services, ensuring your clients' pools remain leak-free, inviting, and well-maintained.
- Residential and Commercial Swimming Pools
- Water Parks and Resorts
- Public Pool Facilities
- Pool Maintenance Companies
- Detection Method: Hydrogen-Based Sensing of Non-Flammable 5% Hydrogen/95% Nitrogen (known as 5/95)
- Sensitivity: Detects leaks as low as 25 ppm (parts per million)
- Display: Progressive Light Indicating Leak Intensity
- Battery Life: Up to 8 hours on a single charge
- Weight: 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- TLD.500 Hydrogen Leak Detector
- Hydrogen/Nitrogen Gas Regulator
- Walking Ground Probe Assembly to Hold the TLD.500
Invest in Hydro-Lok Hydrogen Leak Detector To Elevate Your Leak Detection Services
Ensure the longevity and safety of your clients' swimming pools by investing in the Hydro-Lok. Detect and repair leaks swiftly, providing your clients with a reliable and exceptional leak detection service.